Monday, December 3, 2012

Mindbender!!

'Mindbender' by the Stringtronics (a collection of composers) is well known by anyone who has dipped into Production, aka Library, albums of the 60's and 70's. Many have sampled this beautiful gem of dopeness. In fact followers of Madlib (aka Quasimoto, etc, etc..)  will recognize the chop from 'Safari Park'. The 1972 album is a classic from this vibrate other-worldly genre where under appreciated musicians and their strange and funky tunes went largely unnoticed until decades later. If you don't already possess it, I suggest you carpe diem.


Oh my!...

12 comments:

  1. Carpe diem
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/qfio7h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! A great record and thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the least I can do you've helped me fill in some spots in my collection. and hipped me to some other great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to hear. Therein lies the blogs purpose.

      Delete
  4. Oh my god, this album is melting me. Seriously, I feel like I'm just trickling away into an unusually groovy river. Amazing stuff man. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a masterpiece of the Production genre. Glad you dig it.

      Delete
  5. Superb...my ears are melting. Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ed' ! just been searchin everywhere for this......and its on your Blog...with link still good....THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete