Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Lone Brute!!

The only negative thing I can say about this 1970 drop is that it is the one and only album by BF. I would put their style in the 'Black Soul and Jazz-Funk' category. Somewhat similar to Phil Ranelin, Lightmen, and Doug Hammond, you can't go wrong with picking this one up. Not much is found on them without decent research, but this is what I could find (stolen from an Amazon review)...

"They opened in Cincinnati for Herbie Mann on his Memphis Underground tour and blew him away. After finally getting on with Atlantic, they soon broke up."

Damn shame, because this is one of my favorites. I would have locked them away in a studio and squeezed out every ounce of creativity their mortal bodies would produce. And only then would I set them free. Regardless, may the force be with you.



6 comments:

  1. Another great post Ed, what a great talent-spotter Herbie Mann was, much underrated too.

    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hadn't always given H. Mann the props he deserves. Glad you love the album. And thanks for viewing.

      Delete
  2. I know this is an old post but is there a link available for this rare gem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can do that, man. It'll be up in a few hours.

      Delete
    2. Here ya go!

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/hu77y2

      Delete
  3. just checking this out now, always thought i've had it. haven't been in these old posts in nearly a year!!

    ReplyDelete