Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Honoring Brother Malcolm!!

I must confess that I respect who Malcolm X was and what he stood for, as well as the legacy he endowed to mankind. No, he was not a racist, as anyone can find out by scratching just under the surface of his public image. I own around 30 some books on him and have read them all. S***, I even have a MX board game! To me, he was one of THE most American figures of our country's history and, unfortunately, one of the most misunderstood. 


my books
the board game

If you are familiar with Phil Cohran than you probably love his angry spiritual jazz compositions. Here, he made an entire album to honor Malcolm X, and it is wicked. Each 4 songs correspond with a part of the brother's life, and Phil did a superb job at showing heavy respect. Honor Brother Malcolm!


No comments:

Post a Comment