Wednesday, March 28, 2018

At Long Last !!

I can not tell you how long I have waited to own a physical vinyl copy of this record. Once, I got into a vicious bidding war on Ebay for it. When it inevitably hit above the $400.00 mark, I had to gracefully bow out; I had reached my predetermined limit. Oh, how disappointed I was. This album (which was only available in original pressing, at the time) almost NEVER came up for sale. Well, a little over a year ago, I became friends with the son of Bubbha Thomas (William Thomas, who's quite the musician, himself. Check out Bayou City Brass Band) and he informed me that all of his dad's 70's albums would be reissued in the coming year. Hearing that warmed my vinyl heart. This album, and Energy Control Center are, to me, the best that Lightmen have to offer. And, DAMN, do they offer the best Spiritual Jazz. The BEST!! Here it is, in MONO ...

The Lightmen 
Plus One
Fancy Pants
1971

21 comments:

  1. https://www.sendspace.com/file/9bf68g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAN, I am so thankful to have found this site. I appreciate your work and love for the music.. I am about to learn a lot!

      Delete
  2. oh my, dis iz da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Thanks for the chance to have a listen

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! you weren't kidding. excellent! this thing is definitely flac-worthy, 320 for sure. do you have access to the personnel and any other info?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a much more data-heavy WAV version of these files, which was what came with the reissue. I’ll post a link to them here, in the next couple of days. Also, here’s the actual record that I bought ...

    http://www.rappcats.com/shop/fancypants/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do upload it, WAV or FLAC - it'd be much appreciated! Thank you for offering! :)

      Delete
  6. This place is perfect for any kind of night you're looking for. In the downstairs area at LA venues, you can enjoy a lounge setting while talking over drinks with a small party. Or, if you're looking to mingle or have a bite to eat, you can head upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ed, you're so generous making this kind of thing available to us! Huge thanks!!
    Ace, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jay says: Look forward to you posting the lossless version. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for this! lossless version would be great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for this! Now we could only get that Space City LP in some way....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of this...I look forward to hearing this..the only Bubba Thomas i own is the 'Country Fried Chicken ( reissue ) and the 'Energy Control Centre ( reissue ) albums..

    Much Thanks
    Peace
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. If any of these companies covers your itinerary, one of the best travel tips I can give to you is to always book with them. Immobilien in Budapest

    ReplyDelete