Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Mighty Mellow 3!!

So, I want to start with the last chapter of The Mighty Mellow series because it is what first came to me. My company recently bought quite a bit of releases over seas. This Italian double LP being one of them, I purchased it for a measly $5 based upon the cover alone. Well, once I had a chance to hear it....Damn!  And that's how it came to be. Anyhow, Partners In Crime is apparently who gathered up this super dope collection of funk, library, down-tempo, hipness, but it's out on Future Records as well as chapter 2. Installment number one is out on Discomagic Records. The entire album is just so happenin', with songs such as 'Rain Rain Go Away' by Bob Azzam (the one with an infamous drum break), and 'Latin Lips' by The Invaders, which I recently posted. Believe me, you are gonna love this series for all that it offers. And you samplers will wanna chop, chop!


Drum break, please....

 A looksie...

12 comments:

  1. #3.....

    http://www.mediafire.com/?x79ybr55hph9fvy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Looking forward to 1&2 ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 and 2 will be up tomorrow. Glad you dig it, man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, digging this mellow music plenty. And looking forward to further installments.
    Got to say, your leaving me behind, the speed of the posts, but all of them funky solid!
    Thanks, Ed: great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've thought about slowing down to an album every three days or so. Happy that you dig this gem, dude!

      Delete
  5. most of these tracks were on paul winley's super brakes compilations, which was practically the first set of ready available drum breaks for DJ's in '79. i got this one but i was wondering if you had the first 2? peep me an email

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have them. I'll send the links in a private message on Soundcloud.

      Delete